Friday, March 27, 2009

Guarding The Art

Change the channel please...



A museum guard is watching a modern art installation at the American Art Museum & Portrait Gallery in Washington D.C. I suspect she already looked for the remote control in vain.

I wonder if these guards are in a type of "rotation system", allowing them to switch museum rooms every 2 hours or so. I do hope so for them - imagine watching the same art day in, day out, for weeks, months, years... even van Gogh must seem boring if you have to stare at it long enough. At least this modern artist (I'm sorry, I didn't write down the name) was thoughtful enough to make use of today's most powerful relaxing tool, a little magic box at which a human being can keep staring for eternity - even if nothing is on - aaah, TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment