Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Destination: Belgium

We are back in Belgium, we are completely broke, in debt and homeless... but we are truly happy.

Most persons our age, by now, have invested in a house and/or children but we decided to invest in unforgettable memories and an experience we wouldn't trade for anything in the world! The past 1 year and 8 months have been amazing (as you may have noticed when reading this blog). We are sad to leave the US and definitely could have lived in NYC for some more years. If anyone out there is doubting to make the move abroad, don't think to much about it - as Nike put it so cleverly: just do it!

But moving back to Belgium does have a lot of pro's: family, friends, my pet parrot, affordable appartments with terraces, boterhammekes met préparé (the local delicacy), frietkoten (another local delicacy), affordable French wine and champagne, social security (finally, we can afford to go to the dentist!), ... oh and last but not least, direct flights to New York City!

Since we are back in Belgium, this blog officially has no purpose any more. Maybe I will post some more pictures of our road trip but except for that, I guess, this is it... the last post... (insert Frank Sinatra's hit "I Did It My Way" here).

Honestly, I didn't think I would be able to keep up posting 'till the very last day in the States (on the other hand, one of my stronger character trades is that I always finish what I start, no matter how difficult it gets). I hope our followers enjoyed reading our blog but also for us personally, it's nice to have a log of the past months. In the meantime, I caught the bloggers microbe so I don't exclude that maybe, one day, I will start another one. Or maybe, one day, we move back to the greatest city on the world, New York City!

2 comments:

  1. Ik heb alvast met volle teugen genoten van deze heerlijke blog! 't Voelde alsof we er -een heel klein beetje- zelf bij waren!
    Merci voor alle mooie verslagen én foto's en geniet nu maar dubbel en dik van een goeie pak frieten met mayo. en een bicky. en frikandellen. en en en ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've loved reading your blog posts! I hope you guys get settled in quickly, and that you find a job you love! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete